The awareness of cyber threats have grown rapidly in the recent years. Now, organizations are finally realizing the threat that hackers, scammers, and cybercrime organizations pose to their businesses.
The ninth annual Allianz Risk Barometer 2020 Report from Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty (AGCS), cyber incidents now ranks as the number one business risk out of a list of 18 critical cybersecurity priorities.
In 2013, the report ranked cyber 15th, organizations are shifting the importance of cyber attacks on businesses today. Now, 2019 it tops the lists.
Cyber risks continue to evolve. The top three causes of cyber incidents that execs are prioritizing:
- 77% Data or security breach
- 62% Hacker attack, ransomware, DOS
- 42% Error or mistakes by employees
According to the report, three approaches are needed to manage cyber risk:
- See cyber incidents as a key business risk, adding to overall Enterprise Risk Management initiatives
- Monitor and perform continuous vulnerability and risk assessments
- Consistence staff information security training and anti-phishing campaigns
CIT can help you achieve your cybersecurity priorities
- Security Assessment
- Policy Creation and Review
- Implementation of integrated Security Tools
The Allianz Risk Barometer is an annual report identifying the top corporate risks for next 12 months and beyond, based on the insight of more than 2,700 risk management experts from 102 countries and territories.
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more. Don’t Gamble With Your Security