Disaster Recovery: Don’t let a negatively impacting event affect your organization
Disaster Recovery is the ability to preserve an organizations data and systems through a negatively impacting event. With the onset of cloud computing, disaster recovery has become more efficient and affordable than ever. Today it is possible to back up data in minutes vs. days or hours in the past.
Most DR providers today can back up all of your critical data in a matter of minutes. If you need to recover it, most services can do it in hours, instead of days.
What if your business was down for 1-2+ days? What’s the cost?
- Lost revenues and lost productivity.
- Helping the competition, present/potential clients might move to a competitor.
- Employee frustration – employees will carry the burden of the extra hours and stress of helping get things back together. This can damage the respect they have for you.
- Negative outlook on your brand – Customers will wonder why you didn’t care enough for a backup plan.
Not all external threats are preventable.
- Large snowstorms/hurricanes can bring down power-lines and network connections
- Power outage due to grid failure, act of terror. These could be phishing scams, cyber-attacks and data theft from external sources.
Internal threats happen as well.
- Human error, stolen data can occur because someone forgot about changing their passcode, or left a smartphone containing critical data on the bus.