Corporate Information Technologies is ahead and prepared for the potential impact Hurricane Florence may cause it’s clients.
On Monday our preparations started with this email . . .
Hurricane Florence is presently moving toward the Southeastern United States. The storm’s impact is anticipated to be severe in CIT’s service area ranging from upstate South Carolina through the majority of North Carolina. CIT has planned for this exact scenario and has validated and tested business continuity plans in place for such an event.
In preparation for the storm, we are enacting the first phases of these plans which include the following preliminary actions:
- Validating and re-communicating our multi-tiered emergency communication channels for our personnel.
- Opening formal lines of communications with local and regional authorities. We will also be revalidating our emergency contact channels to/through such agencies.
- Initiating disaster response planning with our client’s data center partners including Flexential, Lumos/DC74, Conterra, TierPoint, and CenturyLink/Level3.
- Re-validating all TAS managed clients data backup and replication posture at an increased frequency to detect any last-minute anomaly.
- Mobilizing our personnel for emergency response in Florida and California, which are well outside of the storm’s forecast area.
As the situation and forecast develop further, we will issue guidance and response plans accordingly.
CIT closely monitors potential issues and incident response concerns for our clients. The first step always being prepared, whether it be for a predicted or unpredicted disaster situation. CIT can provide a wide-range of services to help your company be prepared.
If your MSP isn’t discussing options and verifying your preparations, call Corporate Information Technologies and change your outcome.
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more and let us show you how good I.T. can be!