Are you protecting your mobile devices?
Targeted attacks are moving to mobile devices.
- Symantec’s recently released Internet Security Threat Report (ISTR) with the number of new mobile malware variants soaring by 54% from the prior year.
- Did you know that less than 20% of Android operating system devices are running on latest version?
- It took only 5 years to reach two million malware samples for mobile devices compared to the 20 years it took for PCs. https://www.mcafee.com/enterprise/en-us/assets/reports/rp-mobile-threat-report-2018.pdf
- 100%: The percent of organizations from a sample of 850 organizations with at least 500 mobile devices that experienced a mobile attack in 2017.
- Every organization permitting the use of mobile devices for work experienced some form of an attack, but they didn’t always know it. In fact, organizations were attacked 54 times on average. Not all attacks resulted in breaches. Source: Mobile Cyberattacks Impact Every Business, Check Point Software
- There are around 24,000 malicious mobile apps blocked every day. (Symantec)
- Most cybercrime is now mobile. Over 60% of online fraud is accomplished through mobile platforms. Additionally, 80 percent of mobile fraud is accomplished through mobile apps instead of mobile web browsers. (Source: RSA)
Cybercrime is like water – it will take the easiest path. When you fix one hole it will find another. Right now, Mobile devices are providing the large easy hole. Talk to Corporate Information Technologies about strategies to keep all the holes patched.
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more and let us show you how good I.T. can be!