Hackers don’t seem to care whether your a large enterprise or a SMB. Although most SMB don’t have the resources or the funds for an extensive cybersecurity plan.
Latest data from Ponemon in their 2019 Global State of Cybersecurity in Small and Medium Businesses report shows SMBs are big part of cybersecurity issues:
- 66% experienced a cyberattack in the last 12 months
- 63% experienced a data breach in the last 12 months
- 69% say cyberattacks are becoming more targeted
- 60% say cyberattacks are becoming more sophisticated
- 61% say cyberattacks experienced are becoming more severe in terms of negative consequences
- 39% say more time is needed to respond to cyber incidents
Now let’s breakout where they are coming from:
- Social Engineering/ Phishing plague 53% of SMBs
- Web-based attacks (50%)
- Malware (39%)
- Compromised or Stolen Devices (37%)
- Credential Theft (29%)
Time to train your employees, and keep them up to date on cybersecurity issue such as, latest phishing scams, changing/updating passwords, don’t react the urgency of the email and no clicking on a link.
Let CIT help you start 2020 with a cybersecurity plan!
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more and let us show you how good I.T. can be!