Social Engineering Stats In 2021
With 2021 comes new social engineering stats that can inform you about the potential dangers that will continue to grow in the next few years. Look below to learn more about social engineering in 2021.
Social Engineering Stats 2021
- Email Threats: 48% of people click on suspicious links just in case they miss something important. Never click on links or respond to emails you think could be malicious in nature.
- How Often: 98% of cyber attacks are caused by social engineering. Criminals know that the easiest way to compromise an organization is to target your people.
- COVID-19: COVID-19 scams have continued to rise in popularity. Topics include vaccine information, charities, and stimulus checks.
- Work From Home: In the work from home environment productivity has risen 47% in the year. This means in 2021 securing your workers at home will become a much larger tasks.
- The Cost: The average cost of a social engineering attack is $130,000 and it’s only going to rise in the next years.
- How Effective: Social engineering attacks are just under 80% effective. This means that we must stay extra vigilant.
- The Growing Threat: Malicious attacks rose by 653% in 2020 with this number expecting to increase in 2021.
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more and let us show you how good I.T. can be — Don’t Gamble With Your Security