Passwords Can Be One of Your Biggest Potential Threats
Through these statistics from Lastpass we see that oftentimes the biggest gaps in our cybersecurity can be filled by taking simple and practical steps!
Biggest sources of potential threats:
- 67% of threats come from reused passwords. Make sure you have unique passwords across all your applications
- 65% of threats are due to password weakness. DON’T use personal information in your passwords
- 51% of threats come from leaking company data. Make sure all employees have gone through security awareness training and know how to identify a phishing scam.
- 43% of threats come from social media hacking. Watch out for shady social media accounts that may be impersonating someone you know.
- 36% of threats are due to not changing default passwords. Again, make sure all your passwords are unique and difficult to guess.
CIT is here to help with your potential threats
Corporate Information Technologies provides small to mid-market organizations with expert I.T. services including compliance assessment, cybersecurity penetration tests, and comprehensive business continuity planning services. Corporate Information Technologies can help organizations, quantify, create, refine, and mitigate the risks presented by business threatening disasters in whatever form they may be disguised.
Contact us to learn more and let us show you how good I.T. can — Don’t Gamble With Your Security
Source: LastPass: Password to Passwordless